Sunday, March 17, 2013

Zoo by James Patterson

I am torn with this one. I really wanted to read Zoo when I heard what it was about and I waited for the release, but then once I started reading I felt like it was not as good as I had hoped. Now I hold Patterson novels in the highest regard, and Michael Ledwidge is one of my favorite Patterson co-authors, so perhaps that lead to my disappointment, or perhaps it was because the “cause” of the conflict reminded too much of a Michael Crichton premise with a hidden agenda that was trying to be force fed to the reader. Then as fate would have it as the story unfolded and I chugged along with the semi-likeable main character, I started to enjoy the story, and when the ending came and I was left wanting more and hoping for yet another series from the man of many series, I guess I cannot be too hard on the book. All in all, not the best (unfortunately I was hoping it would be), but worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment