Saturday, July 27, 2013

Nation by Terry Pretchett

I was somewhat amazed at how good this book was. Knowing little about it before diving into it, other than familiarity with Terry Practhett's Discworld series, I gave it a chance, and it turned out to be a perfect story of survival, friendship, acceptance, and humor all rolled into one fantastically told tale. Everything about the plot is so clever and well thought out, everything about the characters were so believable, including their flaws and language barriers, and everything about the book in general was great. I can now honestly say, if I was monsooned and stuck on an island, I would definitely want to be stuck on an island like this and with Mau and Erma...I mean Daphne. Although, Nation is classified for Young Adults, readers of all ages will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment