Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin

As a fan of the television series, I figured I would hop on the band wagon and read the books, at least for no other reason than to be able to look down upon those who just watch television (joking). Now that I have read it I can completely see why this was made into a more than popular show, and why it has such success; the book is amazing; to the point where nothing substantial was changed in the television adaptation. This book had such great visualizations, great characters, great dialogue, and such a complex and interesting story. Now I can say that this book will not be for everyone, because it can get a little gory, and can also go into some other scenes in a little too much detail, but for those with stronger stomachs I say have at it. Also, for those who are already fans of the show, reading the book will give you some more insight into the characters and back story that may have been glazed over on the screen, and in some cases, the book was more suspenseful.

No comments:

Post a Comment