Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Fire and Ice #4) by George R. R. Martin

A Feast for Crows (Song of Fire and Ice #4) has the unfortunate task of trying to follow Book #4 of the Gamer of Thrones series, which was monumental.  For me, A Feast for Crows fell short.  The direction of the story was odd, and the choice of characters who the story is progressed through their tales was not the greatest, but I guess George R.R. Martin did not have too much of a choice because he slimmed his character pool quite extensively, but even those who are still around did not really make an appearance. Also, so many of the other characters were killed in this book just my mere mention that they died in once sentence as an update from someone else.  At first I was thinking to myself that this book was just alright, but then at the end when I thought back and asked myself what really happened that advanced the story I could not really come up with anything.  All those pages and nothing of importance; that kinda annoyed me, but if I want to continue reading the series I guess I had to read this one, although if I skipped it I would not really have missed anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment