Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

The telling of the story was very disjointed and I later learned that it was originally released in parts, which explains that, but as a whole it was just lacking something. For me, I may be unfairly judging the book because I wanted it to be just as good as The Count of Monte Cristo, but it still held its own on the entertainment scale. Also, one problem I found while reading was that the characters of the Three Musketeers, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, started to blend together into one person. Sure each one had their own background which made them unique, but how they responded to situations and conversations, one of them could have easily been replaced with any other and the story would still read the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment